Sunday, December 13, 2009

Is it a good idea to get a food allergy test for acne?

I have horrible acne and I've done pretty much everything to cure it! I started changing my acne to see if it improves but I was wondering if there was something that I'm allergic to that could be causing my horrible acne!


Is this a good idea? Or am I just wasting my time?


Thanks!Is it a good idea to get a food allergy test for acne?
I'd say it's a good idea.


My brother's acne gets worse when he eats dairy products, for example.Is it a good idea to get a food allergy test for acne?
Certain bacterias (with help from the oil in your skin, oftentimes) are the cause of acne. While food allergies can cause rashes, they don't cause acne.


A friend of mine found that for some reason her acne was made worse by using a laundry detergent she didn't realize she was allergic to, so maybe you could try changing to all unscented/sensitive (or baby) soaps, detergents, and shampoo and lotion.





If you have a rash on your belly, chest, or face that is mostly red with some bumps that don't have whiteheads and never develop them, those could be associated with food. If you only eat a food you are allergic to occasionally, these will go and come; if you are a little allergic to something you eat regularly, these rashes will just be hanging out.





If you get allergy tested, go ahead and get tested for mold and pollen and pets, etc, too--might as well!! That can be helped with allergy shots, while foods you are allergic to you can just avoid.
Yeah you might as well because you need to rule out as many options as possible. My sister suffers from getting spots, and it took 3 years to find out that she is allergic to dairy products! Just check just to make sure and hopefully your doctor can make your acne a lot better! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
student loan