Thursday, June 24, 2010

How would I get rid of my brown scars left over form acne?

Hello! I have dark skin and I have very dark spots on my face left over from acne. Now, I don't eat alot of what would be called junk food and incorporate alot of fruits and water into my diet. Is there anything that is guaranteed to work like any creams that would help me to fade the spots and gain an even complextion? This is something that has beenn bothering me for quite some time and I would truly like some help please. Especially from people who have had similar problems and have found a lasting solution. Thank you!How would I get rid of my brown scars left over form acne?
Retin-a is one of the most popular treatments for scarring, it's a prescription so you have to see a dermatologist before you can use it. It takes a months to kick in, but it minimizes the scarring quite a bit.How would I get rid of my brown scars left over form acne?
There are two things I recommend- 1 being a series of chemical peels- I just did a series of 3 and most of my ';stuff'; is gone and my skin is smooth (I had 3 50% glycolic acid peels).





2- If you don't want to go the peel route there are a variety of skin lighteners- 1 is a prescription called Tri-Luma which is a higher percentage of Hydroquinone, retin-a and one other thing I can't recall BUT you have to go to the Drs. and the script (where I live) is $130.00 and it can take up to 6 months to see maximim results. There is also a non prescription w/4% Hydroquinone called Lustra as well, and you can buy it online for about $45.00. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
student loan